Internship Pros and Cons
There are positive and negative aspects in hiring an intern.
- Interns bring a fresh perspective into the office.
- Internships are a great way to “try out” employees before hiring them permanently.
- They are often very hard working and enthusiastic.
- Sometimes you get what you pay for. If you have an unpaid or low-paying intern position, you may not attract quality workers.
- Training interns takes time, resources, and commitment.
- You may be tempted to hire a mediocre intern to full-time simply because you don’t want to train someone new.